Viber has it has a “block” feature that lets users to block unwelcome contacts or numbers from sending messages to you or calling you. Below are the steps needed to block Viber Contacts for each of Android as well as iPhone.
Block Contacts with Viber
If you feel that someone has been extremely irritating or you’re receiving unwanted messages from an unknown individual you can easily remove their numbers from Viber.
Before proceeding with the steps needed to block Contacts on Viber Here’s how to block the contact on Viber.
- The person blocked is not able to contact you with messages or call your number.
- The person blocked is unable to join an Viber group.
- The person blocked will not be able to view your online status, or any changes you make in your profile.
Although Viber does not send messages when blocking someone using Viber the person who is blocked will likely assume you blocked them in the event that they are unable contact or send messages to you.
Stop Viber Contacts from Android Phone
Take the next steps in order to disable contacts via Viber using an Android Phone
1. Open Viber and click onto the Chats tab (in case you’re not yet there).
2. Next, open Chat for the person you would like to block.
3. On the Contact’s Chat screen, click on the Contact’s name and then click on Block this contact within the slide over menu that pops up (See below for an example)
Simple as that! This number is no longer in a position to harass you with unwelcome calls or SMS.
As an alternative to the Chat screen you could also use the Contacts screen to block Contacts on Viber. This is helpful if you’re unable to locate the chats of the person whom you would like to stop on Viber.
1. Open Viber and tap the Contacts tab.
2. On the Contacts screen, look for the Contact you want to block and click on it.
3. On the Contact’s information screen, click on the 3-dot icon that is located in the top-right corner of your screen.
4. From the ensuing drop-down menus, tap on Block
Stop Viber Contacts in iPhone
The method of blocking Viber Contacts for the iPhone is different than the blocking of Viber Contacts for Android Phone.
1. Open Viber and click on the Chats tab (in case you’re not there yet)
2. Next, open the Chat window of the person you want to block.
3. On the Contact’s Chat screen, tap the Contact’s name and then click on the Chat Info and Settings from the drop-down menu that appears.
4. On the screen for Chat information scroll to the bottom and click on the Block this Contact button.
The chosen Contact has been blocked by Viber and will not be able to call or Message you via your iPhone.
Block Viber Contacts from Android Phone
If you are unsure or you blocked someone accidentally You can take the following steps on how to remove contacts on Viber for Android Phone.
1. Open the Viber application for the Android Phone and tap on the three-line icon in the upper left edge of the screen.
2. From the ensuing slide-over menu, click on Settings.
3. Next, tap on Privacy, and then on the Privacy screen, tap the Block list (See the image below)
4. On the Block List screen, you’ll be able to view the list of contacts you’ve been able to block using Viber. From the list, find the Contact that you wish to remove from your list and click the Unblock Button located next to the contact’s name.
The Contact you selected has been free and is capable of calling and messaging you via Viber.
Unblock Contacts with Viber on iPhone
The interface for Unblocking Contacts using Viber using your iPhone is different from blocking Viber contacts on Android.
1. Open the Viber application, then tap the 3 dots icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen and then click Settings in the menu that appears.
2. On the next screen, you will need to tap on Privacy and then click on Block List.
3. On the Block List screen, click on the Unblock button that is just below the Contact you wish to Unblock on Viber.