Below are the steps to delete and reinstall WhatsApp on iPhone in case WhatsApp does not work properly or for other reasons.
Reinstall WhatsApp on iPhone
To Reinstall WhatsApp on iPhone you must first uninstall the current version.
It is important to make a backup copy of all your WhatsApp messages to iCloud drive before you do this. You can delete WhatsApp safely from your iPhone if you have a backup of WhatsApp on iCloud.
You can then download the latest WhatsApp version on your iPhone, and you can also restore all your WhatsApp Messages from the backup you have previously created on iCloud.
Step-1. Step 1.
As we have already mentioned, you must first backup all WhatsApp messages to iCloud Drive.
1. Open WhatsApp for iPhone and tap the Settings option in the bottom menu.
2. Go to WhatsApp Settings screen and click Chats > Chat Backup. This will allow you to backup all of your WhatsApp Messages, Photos and Videos to iCloud Drive.
Note The option to backup WhatsApp videos is disabled by default on iPhone. However, you can enable this option if your iCloud Account has enough storage.
Step-2. Step 2.
You can delete the current version WhatsApp installed on your iPhone by making a backup.
To Delete WhatsApp from your iPhone, simply tap and hold on the WhatsApp icon at Home Screen and then select the Delete App option within the contextual menu.
To confirm, tap the Delete button in the confirmation popup
Step-3. Step 3.
Follow these steps to download the latest WhatsApp version and install it again on your iPhone.
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone > search and download WhatsApp to your iPhone.
2 After the download is completed, tap on Open. This will start the process to Reinstall WhatsApp on your iPhone.
3. Next, WhatsApp will ask for permission to send notifications and access your contacts.
4. Tap on the next screen to agree and continue to accept WhatsApp terms.
5 Next, choose your country, enter your phone number, and click on Done.
6. Next, choose the Restore Chat History option.
7. Please wait for the Restore process.