There is a way to disable Webcam in Windows 10, in case you don’t want to utilize the Webcam feature or you wish to disable the camera on your computer to safeguard your kids’ privacy.
Disable Webcam in Windows 10
A majority of Laptop laptops have webcams built-in or integrated making it simple for you to chat video with your family or other relatives, friends or family members or make use of the webcam for conference calls for business purposes.
There are a few users who would like to turn off the webcam feature on their computers for security or other reasons.
Therefore, we have listed below the steps for disabling Webcam within Windows 10 and also the steps to turn on the Webcam backin the event that you choose to use the Webcam.
1. Disable Webcam in Windows 10 Using Device Manager
Follow these steps to turn off the Webcam of your computer by using the device manager.
1. Right-click on the Start button, then click Device Manager from the menu that opens.
2. On the Device Manager screen Expand the entry for cameras or imaging Devices.
3. Next, right-click on Integrated Webcam and click on disable in the context menu that appears.
4. On the Confirmation pop-up, select Yes to confirm your choice.
5. Restart your computer.
The steps above will turn off the Webcam integrated for Your Windows 10 Computer.
NOTE: You may also prefer to cover the webcam using a tape or cover for your webcam that are they are available on Amazon.
2. Enable Webcam Using Device Manager
Any time, you are able to turn off your Webcam on your PC by following the steps below.
1. Right-click on the Start button, then click on Device Manager.
2. On the Device Manager screen expand the the Cameras or Imaging devices section.
3. Next, right-click on Integrated Webcam and click on Enable within the context menu that opens.
After that, restart your computer and you’ll be able use the Camera after restarting your computer.