These annoying pop-up Ads and unwelcome redirects to spammy sites could make your browsing experience a nightmare. Here are the steps for stopping pop-up ads on android phone and redirects in your Android Phone.
Stop Redirects and pop-up Ads on Android Phone
The abundance of information, entertainment and educational content online wouldn’t be possible without advertising.
Ideally, web pages should present the correct type of information that the users are searching for, and also serve relevant and non-intrusive ads.
However, there are a lot of websites that concentrate upon providing Ads and bombard users with unwelcome Pop-up Ads immediately they arrive on these websites.
There are also spammers that make use of Advertising Networks and use other ways to redirect users from legitimate websites to spammy ones offering the most annoying types of pop-up advertisements.
Fortunately, it is possible to block pop-up Ads in the Android Phone using two different strategies as described in the following.
Stop Ads that pop-up on Android phone using Chrome browser
Follow the steps below to block Pop-up advertisements using Google’s Chrome browser. Chrome web browser of the Android Phone.
1. Open Chrome browser and then tap on the three dots Chrome menu icon that is located in the right-hand corner of your screen.
2. From the drop-down click on Settings.
3. On the Settings screen, scroll down , and tap the Site Settings.
4. On the next screen, scroll to the bottom and click on redirects and pop-ups.
5. On Pop-ups and redirects screen, disable the slider next to pop-ups and redirects.
Once you’ve done this you’ll not be seeing the annoying pop-up ads in Your Android Phone.
2. Allow Data Saver Mode to block pop-up ads on your Android Phone
The ability to enable Data Saver mode in Chrome browser allows you to conserve data from your mobile as well as blocking pop-up ads as well as spammy redirects to unfamiliar websites.
1. Open Chrome browser on your Android Phone.
2. Tap on 3-dots Chrome menu icon and click on Settings from the menu drop down.
3. On the Settings screen, scroll to the bottom and select the Save Data Saver option.
4. On the next screen, turn on Data Saver in Chrome browser by shifting the toggle to the ON.
When Data Saver Mode is enabled on your Android Phone, Chrome browser will begin to compress websites, which results in Data Savings as well as a an impressive reduction in Pop-Up ads.