Many users are making use of WhatsApp to share photos with one another. If your phone goes out of service then you’ll be losing all your pictures unless you’ve backups of them to your computer. In this post we’ll show the steps to move WhatsApp photos from Android to your PC without the use of the third party software.
Transfer WhatsApp Photos from an Android Phone to PC or Mac
All photos you receive on WhatsApp will be saved in the Photos App or the Photos Gallery on your Android Phone.
If you’re Android Phone or Tablet is running this default settings it is possible to transfer WhatsApp Photos from your Android Phone to PC by connecting into your Android Phone using a USB cable to your computer or Mac.
But, you won’t be in a position to use this method in the event that you’ve disabled WhatsApp from saving pictures in the gallery on Your Android Phone or Tablet.
In this scenario it is possible to transfer WhatsApp images from iPhone to your PC, however the process becomes more complicated, as you’ll need transfer images one contact at one time.
Based on the situation depending on your situation, you can pick either of the two methods of transferring WhatsApp Photos from Android Phone to PC or Mac.
- Upload WhatsApp Photos using USB Cable: (Can only be done if WhatsApp auto-save photos feature isn’t turned off on your phone.)
- Transfer WhatsApp Photos via Email: (Can Be used even if you have disabled the WhatsApp Automatic Save Photos on the device you are using)
1. Transfer WhatsApp Photos from an Android Phone to PC or Mac using a USB Cable
As we mentioned earlier it is possible to transfer WhatsApp Photos from your Android Phone to your PC or Mac If WhatsApp saves photos to your Android phone.
Check out the below steps in order to determine whether or you are sure that WhatApp is saving photos for Photos Gallery on your Android phone. Photos Gallery on your Android phone.
1. Open WhatsApp on your Android Phone or Tablet.
2. Once you are inside WhatsApp you can tap on the 3-dot icon at the top-right part of your display.
3. From the drop-down menu click Settings.
4. On the Settings screen, click the Data Usage.
5. On the Data Usage screen, ensure there is “All media” (or “Photos” is listed under “When Connected to WiFi” or “When using mobile-data”.
If you notice “No Media” written under “When Connected to Wi-Fi”, “When Using Mobile Data” and “When Roaming” options, it indicates that WhatsApp isn’t saving images on the phone. Android Phone.
Once you’ve verified that WhatsApp has saved your photos in Photos Gallery on your Android Phone, you can follow the steps below to transfer them. Photos Gallery on your Android Phone You can follow the steps below to transfer photos from your Android Phone to PC or Mac.
Transfer WhatsApp Photos from Android Phone to Windows PC
1. Connect your Android Phone or Tablet to a Windows PC with an USB cable.
2. Once the Phone is connected to your PC then unlock Your Android Phone and then swipe down from the top of the screen to open Notification Center on your Android Phone.
3. Once the Notification Center is open, click on the USB charging tab (See the image below)
4. From the pop-up menu, select to transfer the files you want from the menu of choices (See the image below)
5. Now open File Explorer on your Windows PC and then click on your mobile, which appears on the File Explorer side menu (See the image below)
6. Next, double click on the Internal shared storage Folder which , depending on the model of your phone, may be named in a different manner (Internal Storage or similar).
7. Next, open WhatsApp Folder by double-clicking on it. (See below for an example)
8. In WhatsApp Folder Open your Media Folder by double-clicking on it.
9. Finally in Media Folder you will find an image folder called WhatsApp Images Folder.
10. Simply drag the WhatsApp images folder onto your desktop, and all the WhatsApp photos from you Android Phone will be transferred onto on your Windows PC.
Transfer WhatsApp Photos from Android Phone to Mac
Contrary to Windows PC, Mac does not show the Folder structure of an Android device that is linked to it. This means that you won’t in a position open the WhatsApp Folder on you Android Phone on Mac.
But, you may get it done move WhatsApp Photos from an Android Phone to Mac by following the steps below.
1. Connect your Android Phone to your Mac by using an USB cable.
2. Next, Unlock your Android phone, and then swipe downwards to the right of your screen, to access Notification Center on your Android Phone.
3. On the Notification center, click on the USB charging this device (See the image below)
4. From the pop-up that pops up, choose the Transfer Photos option (See the image below)
5. Next, open the Photos application to Your Mac and then tap your device. This will be displayed in the menu on the side of Photos App in the “Devices” area (See below for an example).
6. Next, click on the Import All New Photos button (See below for an example)
That’s it! All your pictures, including WhatsApp as well as other pictures will automatically be made available to you Mac.
Transfer WhatsApp Photos from Android Phone to PC/Mac Using Email
If you’ve blocked WhatsApp from saving pictures onto Photos Gallery on your phone Photos Gallery on your phone and you’re not capable of transferring photos when joining to your Android Phone to PC or Mac.
In this scenario it is only allowed to email WhatsApp photos to yourself by following the steps below.
1. Open WhatsApp on your Android phone, and then click in the Chats section (in case you’re not in chat screen).
2. Next, open the chat application where you’d like to transfer WhatsApp Pictures to your computer or Mac.
3. On the Chat screen, click on the 3-dot icon located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and then click on the More option from the menu drop down (See the screenshot below).
4. Next, tap on the Email Chat option (See image below)
5. From the pop-up that pops up, click on the Attach Media choice (See the image below)
6. Once you tap on Attach Media, the default Mail App on your Android Phone will be opened.
7. Now, enter your personal Email address in the “To” Field, and then tap on the”Send” button (See the image below)
NOTE: In case of multiple contacts Repeat steps 2-7 to email WhatsApp Photos from all Contacts to yourself.
After you’ve emailed the WhatsApp Chats and Photos to yourself then the next step is to open these Chats via your computer. You can then download WhatsApp Photos WhatsApp Photos onto your computer or Mac using the following steps as described below.
1. Open your Windows or Mac computer
2. Login to your Email Account, you can then access the Email which contains WhatsApp Chat you had sent to yourself.
3. Once you are within your Email Account Click on the Download icon. This icon for Gmail will be on the right side of the heading for Attachments (See the image below)
4. Next, choose where you’d like to save the File that you downloaded. File to in Zip Format.
5. You will find all WhatsApp pictures to the Contact in the Folder that has been downloaded.