If you’re searching for a method to backup or transfer iPhone photos to External hard Drive, you can do it. External Storage Drive, you will find below two ways to transfer photos from iPhone to an External Hard Drive.
Transfer iPhone Photos to External Hard Drive
While you continue to take Photos on your iPhone and iPad, the device’s internal storage will eventually reach its maximum limit, and you’ll no longer be able to capture any additional Photos.
A simple solution to this problem is to move photos on iPhone to an external Storage Drive from time to time. This will clear up space on the iPhone by eliminating the photos you have transferred.
1. Export iPhone Photos to External Hard Drive Using Photos App
It is easy to export all or some of your iPhone Photos to an External Hard Drive by using the Photos App that is available for Windows 10.
1. Connect iPhone to computer and then open Photos App. Photos App.
2. Once you are in Photos, click the Import tab. Click on the From an USB device from the drop-down menu.
3. On the next screen, choose your iPhone.
4. On the next screen, select Import Settings option.
5. On the next screen, select Change the link to the destination of the import.
6. On the next screen, choose an external Hard Drive attached to your computer , and then click the Add this folder to Pictures.
7. On the next screen, click on the next screen, use Down Arrow to select All Items and click on the Import Items to move all selected Photos from the iPhone onto an External Hard Drive.
NOTE: At this point you may de-check Photos that you don’t intend to import (if needed).
2. Copy iPhone Photos to External Hard Drive Using File Explorer
Another method of transferring Photos to an iPhone onto External Hard Drive. Another method to transfer photos from iPhone onto an External Hard Drive is to copy iPhone Photos and then paste them on an External Hard Drive using File Explorer.
1. Connect iPhone to computer and then unlock iPhone by entering the lock screen password.
2. If prompted, select Allow to allow you with an access point to your iPhone.
3. Open File Explorer and navigate to this PC > Internal Storage > iPhone, and then open your DCIM Folder.
4. Once you are inside the DCIM folder, go to Apple Folders > right-click on the Select Folders and then click on Copy.
Notice: Apple Folders contain Photos that are stored on iPhone and iCloud Folders include iCloud Photos.
5. After copying Photo Folders then navigate to an External Hard Drive and paste the copied Folders onto your External Hard Drive.
Based upon the amount of Photos you have on your iPhone depending on the size of your iPhone, it could take anything between 30 seconds and several hours to transfer all Photos from the iPhone to your External Hard Drive.